Skatercross(sm) Skateboard Racing and the first full-size track in the world will be introduced to media members, professional skateboarders and other invited guests. Full-scale test racing will occur with th¬e opportunity to shoot action photos and video as well as interview key personnel and skaters.
Tuesday, May 31 from 12-3 p.m. (Pacific)
Mission Valley YMCA Krause Family Skate & Bike Park
3401 Clairemont Drive
San Diego, CA 92117
- Skatercross(sm) Skateboard Racing architect and professional skateboard legend Andy Macdonald
- A slew of professional skaters, some of which will be competing at X Games in Austin, Texas, June 2-5
- Mission Valley YMCA and Krause Family Skate & Bike Park officials and staff
Lunch and drinks will be provided.
About Skatercross Skateboard Racing
Skatercross Skateboard Racing is a property of Skatercross Inc., founded in 2015 by 23-time X Games medalist Andy Macdonald and Chris Conway. Skatercross Skateboard Racing is a groundbreaking discipline that blends features of motocross, BMX and snowboarding with various types of skateboarding. Racers go up against each other on a track littered with jumps, bumps and corners, and the first skater across the finish line wins. Skatercross Skateboard Racing will make its official debut at Clash at Clairemont on Saturday, June 25. Invited skaters include Pedro Barros, Curren Caples, Greyson Fletcher, Aaron “Jaws” Homoki, Chris Russell, Tom Schaar, Ryan Sheckler, Alex Sorgente and Ishod Wair, among many others.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/skatercrossevents
- Instagram: @skatercrossevents
- Website: http://www.skatercrossevents.com
About Clash at Clairemont
Celebrating its ten-year anniversary in 2016, Clash at Clairemont takes place on Saturday, June 25 at the Mission Valley YMCA Krause Family Skate & Bike Park. It is a full day of skateboard and BMX demos, autograph signings and live music. Featuring many of the top skaters and BMX riders in the world, Clash at Clairemont benefits the Mission Valley YMCA as well as Grind for Life, which provides aid for cancer patients and their families. Regular participants include Tony Hawk, Andy Macdonald, Bob Burnquist, Bucky Lasek, Elliott Sloan, Mitchie Brusco and Simon Tabron.
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/clashatclairemont
- Instagram: @clashatclairemont
- Website: http://www.clashatclairemont.com